His narrative is accompanied by several animated sequences depicting scenes from the Book of Mormon. The animation technique is unusual for this type of production and quite effective. Watch for the sequence in which Jesus is depicted “going forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind” — it is especially moving.
Included in Bishop Cook’s explanation of the Book of Mormon story are the following events and passages:
- Lehi‘s emigration with his family from Jerusalem to a land of promise in ancient America (1 Nephi 2:1-4)
- Mormon selecting representative extracts from the records of Nephite civilization (Words of Mormon 1:3-5)
- Alma‘s prediction that Christ would take upon himself the pains and sicknesses of men (Alma 7:10-12)
- A prophet’s description of the spirit world, where deceased persons rest from all their troubles and sorrows (Alma 40:11-14)
- The promise that sincere seekers may learn the truth of the Book of Mormon from the Holy Ghost (Moroni 10:3-5)
It left me with the feeling that I never wanted to do another bad thing for the rest of my life. (Chris Cook)